Learn the best fishing spots and how to get started fishing at Lake of the Pines.
You Can’t Fight These Big Fish
SECTION V. SPORT FISHING -PER LOP.ORG
1. A float-tube is defined as any fishing tube or other device from which a person is fishing, including but not limited to rafts, inner tubes, pontoon type portable boats, or any similar devices.
2. The planting / stocking of fish, other aquatic animals, or plants in LOP waters is prohibited unless approved in writing by the Board of Directors and General Manager.
3. All LOP waters (main lake, Hazel Lake, Huck Finn Pond, entrance pond) are open to sport fishing all year, day and night.
4. Youths under 16 must abide by minimum size and possession (bag) limits established for licensed anglers.
5. All fishing laws and regulations of the State of California apply to all LOP waters and anglers. State Fish and Game Wardens are authorized to enforce all such laws/rules in LOP waters.
6. When boats towing persons on devices are in the 35 mph area of the lake, fishing is restricted to the 5 mph (flat wake) areas.
7. Sunset to sunrise, fishing boats must display an anchor light or navigation lights as required by California law.
8. Minimum size limits and daily possession (bag) limits per angler are: a. Bass (largemouth, smallmouth, redeye): 14 inches or longer; bag limit 2. b. Catfish and bullheads: No size limit; bag limit 10. c. Pan fish (redear sunfish, bluegill, black crappie, green sunfish); no size limit; bag limit 10 in aggregate.
9. The following are prohibited: a. Use of live fin-fish (minnows) for bait. b. Spear fishing. c. Fishing from Association beaches or swimming areas. d. Fishing from private lakefront lots and docks without permission from the owner. – 9I –
10. Anglers are encouraged to practice catch-and-release fishing all year for bass. Anglers are also urged to not catch large numbers of bass or redear sunfish on their spawning beds from April through June.
11. The main lake is closed to all fishing when the RED FLAG is flying from the pole on the Clubhouse Point and/or Southshore Park (4).
12. Non-member/guest anglers must be accompanied by their sponsoring LOP member. Unaccompanied violators will be asked to leave and the sponsoring member cited.